Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm Back!

I apologize for my silence for the better part of six months now, but I am back to try to entertain a couple people. I've been in an awesome mood the past two weeks (Following the worst mood I've ever been in the week prior) and I've been feeling like I might actually do sweet things. Here is a poem that I wrote today.

*Disclaimer: The poem sounds kind of sad, but trust me, it's a rejoicing poem.

And I Will See You Through a Veil of Orange
The sun breaches the bulwark of the horizon
I am nothing but a svage
writing recklessly, abandon
I have no hope of delectation.
Watch me as I burn,
a single tinge of nothingness;
you watch me as I purge.
A word alone,a  key to me,
A key to free my mind.
Existentialist at best,
At worst a sullen poet.
I break bridges of the world
to fly higher than the rest.

A unity of thought exists
somewhere, sonehow, within a box
of syllables, no meaning
tied to a wire taught.
Drifting in the oceans
of sands long forgotten.
I am but a lonely man
and this is all I've got.
A page of words
a blackened heart,
a carapace of butterflies
around a core of rock.
Beautiful at first, but
I'll leave the both of us with want.
I'll drive us mad, I promise you,
but this is all I've got.

The tragedy of life, it seems,
that i can't prove you to me;
and so i'm apathetic.
Simulated happiness
and acted bits of rage
the truth is I feel nothing
but the ticking of the clock.
Involuntarily, for sure
but overall that changes nothing.
I am still a lonely man,
and you're still a fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment