Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm feeling that way I feel again

43 hours til I'm off and every passing one has me feeling more and more ready. I want to be somewhere at least a little bit new, somewhere where my discoveries are common, if not always so rewarding. Somewhere where inspiration comes easy and I am free of most distractions. Surprisingly enough, Erie seems to be that place for now, though that's probably just because it's far away, so everything seems newer despite the fact its all the same. In a nice little contrast to my first post, I am gonna leave here the second last poem I've written.

Untitled (As of yet)
level-headed
ever-treading
letting go of everything
disconnect my head and ego
or toss me to the moon.
Flying, lack of dying
lack of wonderment or trying
to right myself
to turn, upheave,
no, this is who I'd like to be.
Static smile stetching ages
thought corruption left in stages
brought from long ago.
I felt this way for centuries
left me to be this man before you
left me to run forever.
For the tingle in my spine
still tingles
and my heart, it boils over
my chest falls to the floor
and my feet flow to the wall.
I've been righted wrongly
left to struggle in shambles.
But with every movement of a foot
I revert to me again
so I am left to choose
shall I stay in shambles in this world I know
or shall I stray with moving feet to see the world anew?
I turn-tail and kick my shoe
my life has just begun.



That's a nice little verse there. At least I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment