Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tick Tock

With every passing hour I realize that my time in Allentown is once again coming to a close. In less than three days I will be leaving for the wonderfully desolate portion of Pennsylvania known affectionately as Erie. Leaving is always so damn bittersweet. Allentown has once again reminded me why I left it in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Allentown is wonderful and it will likely remain my true home for a very long time, but to get anything good done, I've gotta get my ass out of here. Every day i spend toiling, wishing I were around my friends, the ones that I developed as a person around, is a day closer to me doing something important, a day closer to me being able to do something with my life. A day doesn't always seem like a lot, in 50 years there are over 18,000 of them, but I look back at my life, which clocks in at 6777 days now, and it's all a blur. I'm coming to the ever-persistent realization that a day is a decent amount of time.

I will never be young again, as far as my sense of the word young goes. The days of sitting in Tyler's basement and playing video games after coming home from South Mountain are forever gone, their existence only really assured by my memory of them. The days of my residing in Allentown are becoming incredibly limited. I've become all to aware that within the amount of time easily within the same time frame as my blur of memories, I'm going to have to say goodbye to almost everyone that has made me who I am today. I will be moving on in a few short years, probably leaving my life behind, at the very least temporarily. Everything familiar is going out the window, I feel as though my time is running short.

While I will be sad at first to go, this is the path I feel I need to follow. I will run as far as it takes me, and can only hope that it will return me back to all the things I so dearly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment