Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Well Hello There

I have finally broken down and made a blog. Everything feels so fresh and new. Following that feeling, I am posting the first real poem I ever wrote. It's a bit rough around the edges.


I desire no keeper
no guard
no sentry to watch
cloud my decisions
and my opportunities
leave me crippled in my abilities to create unique memories
not forged before.

I desire no societal stereotype
based on my time from birth
my age,
not on my character or what lies in my past,
my decisions, my convictions,
to determine what I may or may not do.

I desire no guiding hand to lead me
through decisions made a thousand times a day,
but rather to stray from the given path and forge my own,
blind as I may be.

I desire to make mistakes
to resort to primitive tactics
in times I lack knowledge
in order to learn,
to decide for myself what actions I take in all situations.

I desire independence, and I desire not to know that it will never fully arrive.



Hope you enjoyed it

No comments:

Post a Comment