Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ouch

This post is being written mostly by my left hand only. The story goes like this, i was snapping pictures of the winter wonderland that I currently live in, and me and the guy I was with decide to go for an adventure. We descend into "The Gorge" which is the ~200 foot deep river valley within minutes walking distance of my campus. Of course it will be covered in snow, and of course it will be beautiful. I got some really really fucking sweet pictures. Unfortunately, two fantastic falls left both my right elbow and shoulder crippled (my camera was on my left side, so I decided it was better to fall to my right). So 8 really sweet pictures of my surroundings as well as a nice, at the very least, sufficiently damaged right arm.

I wrote possibly my favorite poem that I have written since I've been back to school, and it's also the first one that relates to a different subject matter than the other ones. Things are looking up, my short story is coming along nicely, and my classes are nice and easy. Being sick isn't that huge of a detriment, so the world is looking up. I'm going to post one of my favorite poems that I've written. It is directed at no one in particular, for the record, just some mythical entity.

They Say I Won't, I Can't
Cast me away
in endless ocean
leave ym boat
floating free.
Centuries have passed
on this ocean,
I've been alone,
but hope at last.
I see a shore, upon it,
looking towards the ocean,
your deep blue eyes reflecting
light of frequency so strong and sure
magnitude of beauty.
And as a man upon on ocean,
blues come cheap, so I surmise,
your eyes, things of perfection
and they pierce me through.
You stand alone
upon this island
in the middle of the sea.
You say you've stayed for centuries
and it's driving you insane.
A better match, I could not
hope for, dream of, I had laid to rest
all hopes of finding you,
so I outstretch a hand.
"Will you come with me?" I ask
"Stay with em for centuries
and we'll sail across the seas."
you nod your head,
but I've awoken from my dream.
I raise the sail, the wind takes me
to look for you upon the sea.


nice little hypothetical love poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment